We host comedy nights...
There can be no question that standup and storytelling cross paths, so it's no surprise that we were approached by a number of comedians looking for a space to preview their new shows.
Sometimes with notebooks in hand, always recording themselves, our comedians invite you to be a guinea pig as they try out and develop their new material for the annual comedy festivals such as Brighton and the Edinburgh Fringe.
We host these comedy nights at The Moon & Maybe, just down the road from the world-famous Ealing Studios. As a 50 seater it is an intimate space, perfect for the energy and interaction of a preview.
In 2020 we were due to host some fantastic up and coming comedy talent, including Pernille Haaland, Faye Treacy, Pope Lonergan, Hatty Ashdown, Lily Phillips, Ali Woods, Adam Coumas and Nicola Houghton. Lockdown due to the Covid-19 outbreak meant these dates were postponed, but we hope to bring them all back to our mic as soon as possible. So watch this space.
Take a look below to see some of the fabulous comedians we hosted in 2019.
- Shappi Khorsandi: Skittish Warrior - Confessions of a Club ComicSun, Aug 30The Moon & MaybeAug 30, 2020, 7:00 PMThe Moon & Maybe, 56 St Mary's Rd, Ealing, London W5 5EX, UKComedian, author, cultural icon and - most recently - idiot who agreed to be tortured on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!, Shappi Khorsandi is a woman of many parts. But live comedy is where she's in her element.
- Cecilia Delatori. Rock Spinster: From Acoustic to ElectricMon, Nov 25The Moon & Maybe
- Phil Nichol: Too Much (Work In Progress)Fri, Jul 12The Moon & MaybeJul 12, 2019, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PMThe Moon & Maybe, 56 St Mary's Rd, Ealing, London W5 5EX, UKThe planet is messed up, society has devolved, mankind is hopeless, vegans are right, you aren’t supposed to punch fascists, the left are self-righteous morons, everyone is a selfish prick, Phil’s a bleeding hypocrite. It’s all too much. Too much.
- Kelly Ford & Naomi Wattis: Two Mums, One Cup (Work in Progress)Mon, Jul 01The Moon & MaybeJul 01, 2019, 8:00 PM – Jul 02, 2019, 9:30 PMThe Moon & Maybe, 56 St Mary's Rd, Ealing, London W5 5EX, UKFunny Women One To Watch and Soho Radio presenter Kelly Ford teams up with Max Turner Finalist Naomi Wattis (BBC 2, Radio 4 Extra) to talk about judgment, perception, motherhood and Rihanna.
- Yuriko Kotani: Overwork in ProgressFri, Jun 21The Moon & Maybe
- Kick-Ass Comedy: Rosie Wilby & Cally BeatonFri, Jun 14The Moon & MaybeJun 14, 2019, 8:00 PM – 10:20 PMThe Moon & Maybe, 56 St Mary's Rd, Ealing, London W5 5EX, UKA comedy double bill to die for. Seriously. Rosie Wilby presents an updated version of 'Is Monogamy Dead?', the show that lead to her multi-award-nominated first book, and Cally Beaton previews her new show 'Invisible' ahead of a run at Edinburgh Fringe.